We will be conducting a recruiting orientation at the East Moriches unit on Saturday, 18 Apr., at 10:00 a.m.
During the orientation, you will be provided with an overview of the Naval Sea Cadet program and specific information about our Long Island units. We will provide you with details on cost of the program and requirements for participation.
Each potential cadet attending the orientation must be accompanied by at least one parent or guardian. You should allocate approximately one hour for the orientation, which includes a formal presentation, followed by an opportunity to talk to currently enrolled sea cadets and staff members who will be able to answer your questions concerning the program and provide you with insight and specific details on joining.
Orientation will include:
• The objectives and purposes of the NSCC/NLCC program and the benefits available to cadets through participation.
• The relationship of the NSCC/NLCC to the Navy, other military services and the Navy League or other sponsoring organizations with a short discussion of support provided.
• You will be made aware of the costs involved to include annual enrollment fees, cost of meals during training, billeting, transportation to and from training, uniform costs, and any other related expenses that may be applicable to the program or unit.
• Drill attendance requirements, personal appearance (particularly haircuts/hair styling) and the need for parental support in these matters.
• The NSCC accident insurance program.
• The need for parental/guardian support of unit activities to include unit social functions, ceremonial occasion, etc.
• The possibility of the parents/guardians affiliating with the unit as officers or instructors.
• Also, the role of the sponsoring Navy League Council or the role of the supporting organization, in support of the unit.
Our upcoming orientation will be held at the SFO Moriches Coast Guard base (see below). Each potential cadet will be permitted to remain the remainder of the day to observe our operations if they wish; however, if they intend to stay they will need to bring a sack lunch. End of drill pick up time will be 3:00. At the end of the road is a gate and a red phone box on the left; pick up the phone and dial 000# and tell the OD you are there for the Sea Cadets.
In order to attend this orientation, you must register using our Facebook events page by clicking HERE