- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 10 years of age and not yet reached their 14th birthday for NLCC cadets.
- Be 13 years of age and not yet have reached their 18th birthday for NSCC cadets.
- ** Have a physical examination and submit NSCC Medical Examination and Medical History forms.
- Be enrolled in school/home schooled and have a satisfactory scholastic standing.
- Have a good moral character and be free of felony/misdemeanor conviction.
- Be single and without child to be enrolled in the NSCC Program.
- Maintain a neat, clean military appearance.
- Wear hair in accordance with Navy regulations and may not have facial hair.
- Attend a minimum of 75% of all drills.
- Participate in physical fitness training and meet physical readiness requirements.
- **A medical examination similar to a high school sports physical is required for all cadet applicants to the Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) or Navy League Cadet Corps (NLCC). No one will be denied admission to the NSCC/NLCC due to a medical disability. Where a medical condition precludes full, unlimited participation, a Request for Accommodation (NSCADM 015) may be presented by the parent or guardian for review so the cadet may participate in NSCC activities to the maximum extent possible.
Adult applicants must be in good health commensurate with their age group and be free from any ailment or condition that would prevent them from satisfactorily performing their primary duty of supervising youth. NOTE: Adults not physically qualified to perform all duties may still participate with a waiver from NHQ considering the parameters of their expected contribution to the NSCC program
Additionally, Parents and Cadets Must:
Be interviewed by the Commanding Officer. (See Application Process page)
Sign application in the presence of a NSCC officer.
Sign any hold harmless and release of liability waivers as required by the unit.
Pay $150 annually, to cover membership and drill activity fees and provide a one-time "refundable" uniform deposit of $200 (refunded upon returning uniforms and NSCC equipment).